Fall 2012 Social Data Summit
Monday, November 19th, 2012 at 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Location: 202 South Hall, School of Information, UC Berkeley
This event is in the past.
This quarter's Social Data Summit will be held in room 202 at UC Berkeley's School of Information on Monday November 19, 2012, starting at 3:30pm.
Summit Whiteboard - http://bit.ly/SDL2012
- 3:30 Opening of the SDR Photobook Exhibition (Lulu Lin), Refreshments.
- 3:45 Introducing new members
- 4:00 Welcome (Dean Anno Saxenian)
- 4:10 The State of the Revolution (Andreas)
- Looking back: 1 year since the Stanford event "5 years of Social Data"
- Teaching (Fall 2012 Berkeley, Spring 2013 Stanford)
- Workshops (Amex, Mastercard; Allstate, Unitehealthcare; Singtel, ...)
- 4:25 Bridging the Physical and the Digital
- Gifting: Jiftee (Aldo Briano)
- Watching: Eyes Talks (Greg Tanaka)
- Location Analytics: Cisco (Pritam Shah)
- 4:50 The Ourdata.com Project
- Video samples (Jeremy Fiance, Shaun Tai)
- Why do we care: Beyond Big Data (Andreas)
- 5:15 Breakout sessions (moderated by Gam Dias)
- Future of Education (Anno)
- Future of Work
- Future of Commerce
- Future of Health
- Future of Self / Identity
- Future of Conferences
- 5:45 Presentation of results
- Note: Summaries strictly limited to 5 minutes per team
- 6:15 Next steps
- Lab development, roles and responsibilities, new ideas, etc.
- 6:30 End, walk to restaurant
- 7:00 Dinner at Cha'Am (1543 Shattuck Ave, sponspred by Axel Springer AG)