How to generate SBI VCC – Virtual Credit Card / Debit Card: State Bank of India is the largest bank in India as it has the largest number of customer. Recently SBI merges its subsidiary branch (SBH, SBJJ & others). SBI providing a great feature of creating VCC (Virtual Credit Card) which you can use on e-commerce website like flipkart.com, Snapdeal.com The VVC full form is Virtual Credit Card, a randomly-generated card number associated with an actual credit card. Depending on the issuer, you may be able to set a maximum charge for the virtual number, further protecting your transaction and typically you can set it to expire in anywhere up to a year from its creation date.
State Bank of India- VIRTUAL CARD
State Bank Virtual card, known as Electronic Card or e-Card, is a limit Debit Card create for e-commerce transactions. Electronic commerce, transaction /e-commerce, refers to the buying and selling of services or product over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks. It offered an easy and secure way of transacting online to their customers without providing the Primary Card and Account information to the merchant. Virtual Cards may use at any merchant location, who is accepting MasterCards and Visa Cards online, without any difference from a regular plastic card.
Features of SBI Virtual Credit Card
State Bank Virtual Card has some limitation, which can easily create by using the SBI Net Banking facility for e-commerce (online) transactions, there are many other features and benefits in it which described below:-
- The risk of exposing the underlying credit and Debit limit decreases because the primary card and account details are not reported to the merchant.
- Virtual Credit Card is very secure and risk-free
- These cards are only valid for 48 hours. After 48 hours, these cards are invalid and no one can make any transaction using these SBI Virtual Credit Card
- As the card creation and online transactions sent only on your mobile during the process only after successful verification of one-time password (OTP)
- It enables Bank customers to make a payment from any of their Internet Banking facility enabled accounts, having transaction rights.
- The card can be created for any amount, from Rs. 100 to Rs. 50,000.
- Customers can use the SBI Virtual Credit Card (VCC) at any merchant who is accepting the VISA Card only.
Easy to Use
- These cards need – no separate registration for using SBI VCC
- Customers having internet banking facility with transaction rights can avail the facility of Virtual Card
- No loss of interest as the Card is generated by marking a lien on the underlying account and the amount is debited only when an actual transaction using the Virtual Card is completed, successfully.
- The amount is debited only when actual purchase, using the Virtual Card, will successfully complete.
- If your merchant is accepting the credit card and you do not have the credit card then you can use the SBI Virtual Credit Card.
- No tension of losing credit/debit card as there is a virtual credit card.
- You can do a hassle-free transaction using State Bank of India Virtual Credit Card.
Who is Eligible for SBI – Virtual Credit Card?
All resident current and savings account holders of State Bank of India having Internet Banking facility with transaction rights, are eligible to create Virtual Credit Card. There is No separate registration and enrollment is required to create VVC. To create your Virtual credit card all you need is an Internet connection and a compatible browser.
Other important Details-SBI Virtual Credit Card
Card Type: - Visa (May be extended to Master Card Platform) The currency of Issue: - Only in Indian Rupee. Minimum and Maximum amount of Issue: - Rs. 100/- to Rs.50, 000/- Frequency of usage (Single or Multi):- Single-transaction Card Card Acceptability: - At any merchant outlet that has a facility for online purchase. Domestic / International: - Only for Domestic use. (Valid for payment in INR in India, Nepal and Bhutan) Card Validity: - Till the time transaction complete Or card cancel in case of Card is not used for 48 hours after creation. No of cards per customer per day: - No limit Issuance / Maintenance Fee: - NIL Refund / Cancellation: - Once the card cancel or expire, the lien marked shall lift and the unspent/unutilised amount will automatically available to the customer for use.
Steps to generate SBI VCC – Virtual Credit Card / Debit Card
It is very important to note that the SBI Virtual Credit Card can only generate if you have SBI Net Banking connected with your SBI Account. Here in this tutorial, we are provided you the steps for creating the SBI Virtual credit card/debit card.
- Visit the SBI Internet banking https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Open the Login of Personal Banking enter User Name and Password to Login to your net banking account.
- Click on “e-Card” tab and select “State Bank Virtual Card” option
- Select the appropriate Account No. from the list and enter the amount for which you want a State Bank Virtual Card. Accept the Terms & Conditions and click on Generate.Click on the checkbox to "Accept the Terms & Conditions" and click on Generate.
- Verify Card Holder Name, Debit Account Number. and Virtual Card Limit. To re-verification of particulars or values, click on Generate button and in case of error click on Back.
- Then, you will receive 8-Digit One-Time-Password (OTP) on your mobile number registered with Internet Banking. Enter the OTP and click on Confirm
- State Bank Virtual Card will generate and the VVC Card image will display on the screen, which contains Your Name, Limit, Card No, CVV and Expiry Date which you need to note down. The State Bank Virtual Card will ready for e-commerce transactions.
Steps to View generated or created State Bank Virtual Card details
- Visit the official portal https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
- Log in by entering user id and password.
- Then, click on “e-Card">> “State Bank Virtual Card” option
- Click on Virtual Card Details. The screen will display all Virtual Cards created along with Card Number, Creation Date, Expiry Date, Used Amount, Limit Amount and Status.
- Choose the specific Card No. which you want to view. On clicking the complete Card details viz. Name, Issue Date, Expiry, CVV2, Limit Amount, Merchant Name, Status, Source Account No. will display on the screen.
Steps to cancel generated/created State Bank Virtual Card
- Visit the official portal https://www.onlinesbi.com/.
- Login by entering user id and password.
- Then, click on “Requests”>> “State Bank Virtual Card” option
- Click on Cancel Virtual Card and Select the Virtual Card which you want to cancel and click on Cancel button.
- Verify the Virtual Card No. which you wanted to cancel and click on OK to cancel
- Then, Confirmation message display “Your Virtual Card number 486XXXXX462 successfully cancel.” and the Block amount will credit back to the account, within an hour.
NOTE: - For more information about “How to generate SBI VCC – Virtual Credit Card / Debit Card” you can bookmark this webpage and visit here again.