It might have never crossed your mind, but the idea of saving money on your water bills is quite enticing and appealing; because not only you’re able to conserve money by following these tactics but are also able to conserve water, thus contributing your part towards a better environment.
Thus, we have gathered and yielded some really useful tips to help you reduce the amount in your water bill as well as your impact on the environment:
1. Always try to store a pitcher or two in your fridge as it will save your time and also save the running water while you wait for the tap to cool off to get cold water. It would be better if you can use a pitcher with attached water filters in it.
2. Try to take shorter showers and use the energy-efficient low-flow shower heads instead of taking bath. It will save your time and water along with other your gas and electricity, as well. You’ll be amazed to know that by reducing your shower time by 4 minutes, you would be able to save almost 4,000 gallons of water per year. Isn’t it great?!
3. It’s a common mistake which we all do, leaving our tap on while shaving or brushing your teeth. Don’t belong to the ordinary clan and be the extraordinary by turning off the tap while shaving and brushing. Instead of that, use a mug of hot water to dip in the razor while your shave and use your rinse cup while brushing.
4. Always use your washing machine and dishwasher when you’ve full loads of laundry and dishes to take care of, respectively. It will significantly reduce the number of times you would have to run the machine and hence saving pretty decent gallons of water.
5. Also, contrary to belief, hand washing the dishes takes more amount of water as compared to washing them in dishes. Hence, make sure to fill your kitchen sink with water beforehand, to rinse the dishes properly without wasting water.
Having said that, if despite of following these tactics meticulously, you get to notice an increase in your water bill, don’t hesitate to contact your water supplier at Sever Trent Contact Number to discuss your concerns. The chances are high that the bill could be higher due to inaccurate meter reading and hence it would be a good decision to call them to get your meter reread.