IPID 8th Symposium Panel Session

Hello all IPID 8th Symposium participants! It will be great if everyone can prepare/post question(s) you wish to ask senior researchers on the last panel session (10th December). I will aggregate/ sumarize them. This will save us time during the session. However, during the session you will also get a chance to ask any other questions you wish to ask.

Leave your question or comment!

My questions are:
  1. What are the upcoming trends or challenges in the area of ICT4D (ICTD) according to the panel? 
  2. How should yound PhD researcher prepare for those trends or challenges?
  3. Does the panel believe more and more interdisciplinary research will be carried out in the field of ICT4D (ICTD), meaning on the intersection of social sciences , development studies, information sciences, informatics, communication science, pedagogics et cetera? How will this impact the way research will be conducted (maybe also some ideas on epistemological or ontological issues).
Best wishes,
Anand

Any experiences and examples about ICTD efforts in zones of intense conflict (for humanitarian aid, peace building, community building)?
I am particularly interested in the following challanges:
  • Where to start from? And how to identify potential partnerships to reach such highly non-reachable zones?
  • Such context changes rapidly and violently. How to approach such a context where it is difficult to insure minimum stability for the sake of the project to find place?

Question for Richard Heeks:

Are there theories which, can be applied in studies to critically asses and analyse the impact of ICT4D,  aside from, Sen's Capabilty Approach and  Sustainable Livelihoods Framework? 

can we know more about the Master Programme offered under Spider?fee?teaching mechanisms?funding?

International Network for Postgraduate Students in the area of ICT4D (IPID)