The International Network for Postgraduate Students in the area of ICT4D (IPID) is an academic network doing research in ICT4D. IPID operates through inter alia support to doctoral as well as master students and increased visibility at international conferences. The network is administered by the School of Business (Informatics) at the Örebro University and funded by the SPIDER - the 'Swedish Program for ICT in Developing Regions'.
IPID was established during Spring 2006 with ambitions to become a research-meeting place as well as a social meeting place for students interested in ICT4D. The ambition is also to increase the existing network of SPIDER, national as well as international, and to increase collaboration among universities. With its more than 700 registered members representing over hundreds of universities/research organizations around the globe, the interest for the network has been met beyond all expectations.
The ICT4D research group at Örebro University wishes you a prosperous 2017. Let me take the opportunity to thank you all for your support, collaboration and participation in our activities during 2016 and the past years. I feel privileged to have been a coordinator for this group and to have met and interacted with members of this group. I would like to welcome and introduce Solange Mukamurenzi to you. Solange will be IPID's coordinator from January 2017. She is a PhD student at Informatics department, Örebro University. You can find more about her from her web page: https://www.oru.se/english/employee/solange_mukamurenzi
Happy New Year 2017! Calls and Research Opportunities
CfP: AMCIS 2017 Conference
Minitrack: Crime and Corruption in Information Technology Management in Developing, Emerging, and Transition Economies
August 10-12, 2017 in Boston, MA, USA.
Michael Lapke (email@example.com), Assistant Professor, University of Mary Washington
Mukesh Srivastava (firstname.lastname@example.org), Professor, University of Mary Washington
Alain Claude Tambe Ebot (email@example.com), PhD student, University of Jyvaskyla
- Security policy formulation and implementation
- E-government data security
- Public and private sector auditing and compliance
- 3rd party data security
- Infrastructure Cloud Security
- Service availability and denial of service
- Cyber law and terrorism
- Security in the systems development lifecycle
- Mobile data security and privacy
- Electronic Extortion
- Disaster recovery in developing countries
- Public sector vulnerability to state based attacks
- Completed Research, due 01-March-2017 1:00 PM EST (13:00)
- Emergent Research Form (ERF), due 01-March-2017 1:00 PM EST (13:00)
- Workshops and Tutorials, due 03-April-2017
- Panels, due 03-April-2017
- Technology Research, Education, and Opinion (TREO) Talk Sessions, due 25-April-2017
- Professional Development Symposia (PDS), due 25-April-2017
CfP: Social Media in Africa: Beyond the hashtag
27 April 2017, Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh
The huge uptake of affordable smartphones across Africa and improved network access has led to more social media subscribers on the continent than ever before. For many Africans social media has now become a part of everyday life, helping to maintain social ties and to forge new connections.
Call For Extended Abstract - The 1st Conference on Healthcare, SDGs & Social Business
February 21, 2017, Asahi Hamarikyu Hall, Tokyo, Japan
The conference aims to share the goals and status of the SDGs in healthcare; ideas, state-of-the-art technologies to efficiently solve the primary healthcare issues; concept of social business case studies that can address a particular healthcare issue in a sustainable way in any regions/communities in the world.
Topics of Interest include:
- SDGs and Healthcare
- Technology and Healthcare:
- Social Business and Healthcare
Submit your paper (2 pages) through easychair
For inquires please contact: Jecinta Kamau (jecinta at f.ait.kyushu-u.ac.jp)
Undergraduate Students: Free
Postgraduate Students: 2,000 yen
Others: 5,000 yen
New Submission Deadline: January 10th (Tuesday) 24:00 JST, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: January 15, 2017
Camera-ready: January 30, 2017
Conference Date: February 21, 2017
Short-Term Research Associate Vacancy in ICT4D
The University of Manchester is currently advertising a short-term Research Associate post relating to digital economies and developing countries. Application deadline is 2 January 2017. The post involves supporting and contributing to a new research network on digital economies in developing countries, with salary in the range £31,076 to £38,183 per annum.
The 1st EAI International Conference on Emerging Technologies for Developing Countries
March 27–29, 2017, Marrakech, Morocco
The conference AFRICATEK 2017 targets the use of emerging technologies (e.g. cloud computing, IoT, data analytics, green computing, etc.) in developing countries. Building innovative solutions and services based on cutting edge technologies is very challenging in developing countries for several reasons. The limited IT infrastructure and Internet penetration are two of the key hindering barriers.
All accepted papers will be submitted for publication in Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries. Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: Elsevier (EI), Thomson Scientific (ISI), Scopus, Crossref, Google Scholar, DBLP.
The First International Multi-Disciplinary Conference on “Knowledge Sharing and Innovation Competitiveness for Responsive and Sustainable Development”.
August 23–25, 2017, Radison Blu hotel, Lusaka Zambia
This conference will bring together researchers, scholars, innovators and entrepreneurs from international and local universities and industry to showcase research and innovations. This is an exceptional platform for researchers/academics/innovators/scientists/practitioners to discuss contemporary phenomena shaping human development from multiple vantage points. Many topics of the multi-disciplinary nature as a response to everyday challenges faced in both developing and developed world contexts will be discussed.
This conference will also provide an opportunity for graduating students to publish their Bachelors’, Masters’ and PhD research works (research papers).
Abstract submission deadline: 30th January 2017
Notice of abstract acceptance date: 15th February 2017
Full paper submission deadline: 30th April 2017
CfP: ICETI 2017
The 8th International Conference on Education, Training and Informatics
March 21 - 24, 2017, in Orlando, Florida, USA, jointly with:
- The 8th International Multi-Conference on Complexity, Informatics and Cybernetics: IMCIC 2017
- The 8th International Conference on Society and Information Technologies: ICSIT 2017
The deadlines for this second CFP are the following:
- December 20th, 2016: Article submissions
- December 20th, 2016: Invited session proposals
- January 24th, 2017: Notifications of acceptance
- February 21st, 2017: Uploading of camera-ready or final version
Job Opportunity: Project Specialist, Internet for All
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate country-level activities in current and future Internet for All country programmes
• Advance progress on Internet for All topics, including planning and hosting calls and meetings, developing content for the meetings, distilling decisions into action plans and working with Internet for All partner organizations to develop goals and roadmaps with key milestones and expected outcomes
• Strengthen the physical and digital project platform to promote a continuous exchange on Internet development activities and progress, lessons learned and opportunities for collaboration with Forum members and constituents
• Contribute to long-term strategy development and overall thought leadership on the Internet for All
Qualifications and Skills:
• University degree in business, economics, management, organizational behavior or other relevant field
• At least five years of project management experience, of which at least two years working with or in the global Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) industry and/or ICT development sector
• Track record of success in large-scale project delivery and knowledge leadership
• Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with top-level leaders from business, civil society and/or government
• Proven ability to understand issues and policies related to national and regional economic development, including the role of information and communication technologies
• Outstanding verbal and written language skills in English; additional proficiency in French or Spanish would be an asset