School to Work Aims to strengthen transnational cooperation between stakeholders in the Baltic Sea Region in the field of education and work in order to prevent early school leaving and develop support for vulnerable groups of students/youth. www.s2wflagship.eu
Baltic Training Programme Supports the internationalization of vocational education and training as well as entrepreneurship and the internationalization of business. www.baltictrainingprogramme.se
Baltic University Programme Largest university network in BSR focused on sustainable regional development through cooperation in education, research and applied projects www.balticuniv.uu.se
Baltic Sea Labor Forum Aims to promote social dialogue, tripartite structures and cooperation as crucial elements of sustainable growth and social development in the BSR www.bslabour.eu
Baltic Science Network Aims to provide science and research ministries of the Baltic Sea region states with an overall coordination framework to develop and implement science policy in a macro-regional dimension and to ensure a better representation of macro-regional interests on the EU level http://www.baltic-science.org/
Policy Area Education, Research, Employability
Policy Area (PA) Education contributes to strengthening the social dimension of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (BSR). It covers three policy areas:education, research, employability. Increased prosperity in the BSR presupposes access to good education and training for all, an effective and inclusive welfare system and a well-functioning labor marketsupporting geographical, professional and socio/economic mobility.
The flagship School to Work, one of the flagships within PA Education, invites participants to the conference Flagship School to Work: Navigation and Guidance. The conference is followed by a study visit in Stockholm.
YOU ARE most welcome to take part in the conference, feed in ideas on topics to be discussed in the groups or learn more on what has been achieved so far in the Baltic Sea Region. The conference takes place on Monday, June 18 and the study visit will be on Tuesday, June 19.
You are welcome to find information about sessions, venues and times in agendas of conference and study visit (click on links below for attached files).
REGISTRATION to both events is available until the 6th of June. Please follow the registration link below.
NOTE that your participation will be confirmed by organisers in form of an e-mail within three working days after receiving your application. There are limited places available for the study visit.
The conference gathers public institutions, municipalities, schools, civil society organizations and private companies that work to prevent early school leaving, to integrate young people who are neither in education, employment nor training and newly arrived refugees into the labour market in the Baltic Sea Region. The conference is organized by the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions who is the leader of the Flagship in policy area Education in the Baltic Sea Region.
More information about the Flagship School to Work can be found on our website www.s2wflagship.eu
Smiltene Technical School invites to an international conference, "ECVET in Practice - Challenges and Solutions" in Smiltene, Latvia, from May 28th to May 30th, 2018.
During the conference the results will be shared
- of the strategic partnership project “ECVET Units as Initial or Additional Training to the European Veterinary Assistant Diploma”, where the developers, performers and participants of the project will be sharing their experience and will interpret the future;
- the current trends in vocational education of Latvia, including modular education;
- Work environment-based learning experience;
- Experience and trends of Estonia, the Netherlands, Italy, Sweden and Lithuania in ECVET, vocational education and adult education.
On May 28th there will be an exclusive possibility
- to take part in the master class "Coaching as a competence to support international vocational assignments, led by Anastasia Nekrasova – a learning designer and developmental coach, "Intelligent Mind-sets", Sweden;
- to use the "free microphone", meet potential partners from different schools and enterprises for future projects, ask questions and make suggestions, as well as get to know one of the 21st Century vocational education provider of Latvia, and get acquainted with Latvian culture and cuisine.