There is a growing skills shortage in internet-related jobs in several European countries (e.g. Germany, Hungary, Switzerland). This skills shortage could be overcome by employing practitioners from other European member states. However, this is hampered by the lack of transparency and comparability of qualifications for these professions at European level. Internet-related jobs encompass three main professional fields:
- ICT professions, which are the most developed and investigated at the time being;
- e-Content professions; and
- Internet-related services professions, which have become more and more important in recent years.
The present project will take up the approach developed by the EQF-Code project and transfer/apply it to internet-related services professions.
The main outcomes and results of EQF-iServe will be:
- National qualification profiles in the field of internet-related services described by learning outcomes;
- Linking of these qualifications to the eCF and EQF (according the EQF Code approach);
- Comprehensive European qualification profiles for jobs in the field of internet-related services;
- Guidelines for training institutions so that they can adapt their training offer in the field of internet-related services accordingly.
The consortium of EQF iServe held its final project meeting on 22 May 2012 morning in Bordeaux. In particular, all achievements have been discussed and the need to promote them (even beyond the project duration) has been agreed upon. The profiles and guidelines can be found at (please add likn on eJobs platform to the profiles and the guidelines of iServe).
Posted by idoia Bu, Monday, 5th March 2012 @ 12:44pm
On 01 March 2012 the so-called e-Day took place at the Austrian Economic Chamber in Vienna. It is the largest and most renowned event of the Austrian Economic Chamber with more than 2.400 real participants and 2.600 „virtual“ participant via Livestream.
The participating entrepreneurs were able to inform themselves by seminars, workshops and discussion rounds on subjects such as e-Business, Social Media or Cybersecurity.