Do you believe in Expansive Education? Take our simple test!
Do you agree or disagree with the following statements?
1. It is essential that 21st century education focuses on developing young people’s aptitude and appetite for learning, in school and out.
2. All young people, in all kinds of schools and colleges, can be helped to become more confident and capable learners.
3. Developing openness, inquisitiveness, resilience and imagination is as important for high-achievers as it is for low.
4. This aim also helps students do better on tests – there is no necessary conflict between raising standards and developing learning aptitude.
5. We already know a good deal about how to do this, but that there is a lot more to find out.
If you agree, you are already an ‘expansive educator’.Click here to join the network!
Expansive education is an umbrella term for all teachers, schools, colleges and organisations that are committed to making a priority of the development of useful, transferable habits of mind throughout mainstream education.