SMSTS is an abbreviation for the Site Managers Safety Training Scheme that is designed for Site Managers, workers, and the agents who are liable for monitoring, planning to organize, controlling, and administering the groups of staff and workforce. The site managers of a construction site have a legal duty to ensure the safety and health of the public and fellow workers.
While working in any kind of firm, safety is considered as the topmost priority and for which, having a CSCS card is a must. SMSTS course is the foremost requirement set by the majority of the contractor's group for the managers who are working on the construction site. It is the authorized course that is the mandatory requirement for working in the industry of construction in the UK.
Importance of SMSTS course in the workplace
The SMSTS course is very important on the construction site because this course will address the common risks and problems that come across. It helps in promoting safe working practices in the workplace. It is responsible for the protection of the employees working there along with the completion of the task on time within the budget.
With the successful completion of this course, the delegates will get aware of the risks associated with the construction work including excavation, confined spaces, electricity, working at height, scaffolding, and various others.
The objective of the SMSTS course:
There are various objectives of the SMSTS course. Some of them are given below:
- This course ensures that site managers are aware of the responsibilities of health and safety.
- It makes sure to understand the necessity off the safety law.
- The SMSTS course makes sure that carrying out the requirement for the method statement and risk assessment.
- This course ensures an understanding of the challenges and problems faced in the industry.
Benefits of SMSTS course:
We all know that the industry of construction is full of hazards and risks. Though they cannot be stopped 100%, but the possibility of occurrence of these accidents can be reduced. So, it is important to have undergone the SMSTS training course in the modern-day construction culture. There are various benefits that are provided by the SMSTS training course. Some of these benefits are given below:
- It provides a better understanding of the problems and challenges encountered by the construction industry.
- It provides knowledge about the safety and health laws and how the laws apply to the managers.
- With the help of this course, the delegates will be capable of effective monitoring of the construction site.
- It also gives a better risk assessment that can be performed and the need for the method statements.
How to book?
To work in the UK with the group of a construction organization, the SMSTS course has now become the minimum and compulsory requirement of the certification for the site managers or project managers. You can contact the constructionhelpline.com for any help regarding this course. The delegate will get the CSCS card after qualifying this course, which is accredited by CITB. We are the leading course providers all over the UK. For any queries related to the SMSTS Training Course, contact us now.