Many people think it is impossible to clean and keep your white shoes clean and pristinely white. Well, in this case, you can let 'em know that there are a couple best ways to clean white shoes. Finding practical and useful means to get your shoes looking white is daunting, you might be wondering how to get stains out of white shoes without stress and you have found no solution.
Well, we have searched high and low to find the best way to clean white shoes and keep them clean no matter the material they are made of. We've also talked to some of our most experienced Pros and they've given us some insights to share with you! So here we go:
Cleaning white canvas shoes
If you think it is an arduous task getting dirt off your white canvas shoes; sorry to burst your bubble gladly, it is easier than you think. You’ll need two household items, and you are good to go; white vinegar and baking soda.
• The first step is to get your cleaning materials ready and some white vinegar and baking soda in preparation for the cleaning process.
• Next step in this process is to mix two tablespoons of vinegar, one tablespoon of baking soda and a cup of lukewarm water.
• Start scrubbing. Your cleaning tools (a clean toothbrush or a clean towel) can be dipped into the paste, and you can begin scouring the canvas part of your shoes. It is best you note that the mixture dries out quickly, remove excess paste on your shoes and let them air dry.
• To clean out the rubber areas of your shoe (the sole inclusive) you can use a stronger brush to do so, ensure do work on it mildly, so you don’t destroy the material.
In an event you don’t have white vinegar or baking soda, you can opt-in for the soap and water method of cleaning. Guess what! It is simple as well. All you have to do is get some soap (ensure the soap used is white to avoid transferring the color of the soap on your shoe which might be hard to remove and scrub mildly with a cloth.
After a successful cleaning, air dry! You might be tempted to drop your shoe in a dryer but don’t do that! You might wear your shoe out.
Cleaning leather shoes
Leather is very easy to clean because it doesn’t absorb water like other shoe materials. If you have a dirty white leather shoe, these steps will get your shoe sparking in no time.
• Get your cleaning materials ready. You’ll need paper towels, some white soap and old t-shirts (these work amazingly).
• Loosen off surface dirt with a dry cloth. After this is done successfully, get a damp paper towel and wipe down the shoe gently. The process will remove large pieces of dirt holding on to the shoe. Afterward, let the shoe air dry for a few minutes.
• Wet your old t-shirt, rub some soap on it, lather it up and clean the sole of your leather shoe until the dirt on them are completely wiped off.
• Use the same process above to clean the leather area of your shoes. Remember, be gentle, repeat the cleaning process until your show goes back to its pristine white color. This could take more than once to get your shoe looking white and pristine, depending on how dirty it was.
• Clean the whole shoe with a damp but clean old t-shirt, start from the leather area and then to the sole, afterward clean up with a dry t-shirt and then proceed to air dry.
Cleaning suede shoes
Cleaning white suede shoes is not a walk in the park. Suede is very delicate, and stains tend to adhere to it easily. This is the reason you’ll hardly find true-white suede shoes. If you have a white suede shoe in need of cleaning, here’s what to do.
• Get your cleaning materials together. You’ll be needing a soft cotton cloth, a pink eraser, white vinegar, and a suede brush.
• Start by blotting the shoes with the soft cotton cloth to remove moisture.
• Clean off any stains on the shoes using the pink pencil eraser.
• On the wet stains, use a paper towel to absorb moisture. Ensure you do not rub the stains as they may spread to other parts of the shoe.
• Dip the soft cotton cloth in white vinegar and rub the stains carefully to avoid spreading the stain on other parts of the shoe. You’ll notice your shoe is looking clean, allow the shoe to air dry and then with the aid of a suede brush, brush the shoe to get its velvety feel and texture back.
Also, note that you can use paper towels or newspapers to fill in the shoe to preserve its shape and also help absorb excess liquid that might be left in that hard-to-reach area of your shoe while drying them.
Keeping your white shoes clean
Preserving the color of your white shoes demands a high level of commitment, but it is worth it in the end. Prevention is your best bet for keeping your white shoes pristinely white. Invest in a spray to help seal of the shoe, preventing dirt from adhering to it. These shoe sprays also provide water repelling protection, to repel moisture; known to attract dirt. Last but not least, if you want to keep your shoes looking white, avoid dirty, dusty and wet areas.
This is your comprehensive guide on how to clean white shoes. Did we miss anything? Let us know by home cleaning service NYC