GroupSpaces will be discontinued on 2nd April 2021
2nd January 2021
With regret, the GroupSpaces service will be discontinued and shut down in 90 days, on 2nd April 2021.
The service will continue operating for existing groups until then. New groups can no longer be created.
Thanks to our customers who have made use of GroupSpaces since the site launched in 2006. We hope you have found value in using the service to manage your organisations and communities. Unfortunately the service did not make sufficient revenue to maintain as a business, and the necessary maintenance and upkeep required to continue the service has not been possible.
Steps to take before 2nd April 2021
Once the service is shut down on 2nd April:
- Group websites will no longer be accessible
- Emails to group mailing lists will be returned to sender as undeliverable
- All data will be erased, including all group databases and user accounts
Before 2nd April:
- Download your membership database in XLS and CSV format at any time up until 2nd April 2021.
- Arrange one or more alternative solutions to manage your group.
- Notify your members of your chosen alternatives so they have time to switch before 2nd April.
Appropriate solutions will vary according to your needs, but you may wish to consider:
- A website builder such as Wix, Squarespace or Wordpress
- Email newsletter software such as Mailchimp
- Email discussion group or forum software such as Google Groups or Discourse.org
- Alternative group, club or membership management software - a variety of options exist on the market.
Exporting your group data
You can export the following data for your group at any time until 2nd April 2021:
- Download your membership database in XLS and CSV format
- Download any group files you wish to retain a copy of
- Export a record of any group payments received from members: go to your Bills, Subscriptions or Shop Items and then select "Track Payments" > "Export" for each type of payment
- Export event attendees and any registration information: go to Manage Events > select event > Attendees > Export
- Unfortunately email archives and website/wiki pages cannot be downloaded - you may navigate to the relevant pages and copy/paste any information you wish to retain.
Information for customers with paid plans
Customers with paid subscription plans will not be charged after 1st January 2021.
Paid customers will retain access at their current subscription level at no further charge until the service is discontinued.
Customers who have paid in advance for annual or biannual plans will be refunded for any service provided beyond 1st January 2021. If you have paid for an annual plan your refund should arrive by 15th January 2021.
Customers on monthly payment plans will receive no further charges, with their last payment taken in December 2020.
Please send a message via the dedicated support forum for any further questions about the shutdown or exporting your data.