You will always find an electric atmosphere in a sportsbook at the start of the NFL season. The crowds are packed in and big bets are being hastily placed. But just four or five weeks into the season, more than half the people have disappeared, and those who are still there are making 먹튀검증 much smaller bets. The high rollers who'd been betting $500 on a game, were now being much more cautious and maybe wagering $100 on a game.
That's why over 90% of people who place bets during the season will lose their money. Most people have no plan for how they will wager their money, they just hope they'll win so that they still have money to wager.
With a bit of strategic planning they can increase their chances of winning over the season and the amount of fun they have following the season as fans. It's more fun to play than sit on the sidelines and more fun to place bets than simply regret the loss of your previous wagers.
The main reasons that most people will end up losing money are these:
1. Most people place their bets on a whim, or a hunch and don't use a disciplined approach.
2. They spend a lot of time working out who to bet on, but hardly any working out how they're going to bet. They have no plan, no idea how they're going to last out the season.
Is this what you do?
Here's an easy plan to follow
Breakdown the 16 games this season into four sets of four games. Then breakdown your money the same way, into four equal blocks over the season.
Say for example you have $800 as your bankroll for the season. This means you have four blocks of $200. This also means that you can't lose your whole bankroll with one bad losing streak.
If you have a great first block and double the money you have wagered you will now have $1000 for the rest of the season. You can then readjust each of your blocks upwards. If you have a bad first block and managed to lose all of your money then you still have the money you've already allocated the rest of your blocks.
Repeat this process for the next block and you will be one of the few people able to wager more on each game as the season goes on rather than less.
You can see how this means you still have fun, and still have money to wager with.
There is another tactic you can use to make sure that you never lose the whole lot in one day. If you were to bet on five games in one day and place five straight hundred dollar bets you would be risking a total of $500. It's bound to happen at least once, you'll lose the whole lot! That has got to hurt!
So here's a trick for making sure that on that day you don't lose quite so much money. Place a small $20 parlay bet on the teams you are expecting to lose. You should be able to find odds of around 25 to 1 for a five team parlay. If all your teams lose then this bet will kick in and you will win on it! You will win $500 which will mean your total loss of the day will only be $20, rather than $500.
You must use self-discipline when you're making your bets. If you don't have a strong feeling for a game, then don't bet on it. You don't have to bet on the game simply because it is on television, and if you have a day when you just can't find a good bet then don't make one. It means you will have more money for tomorrow!
Rules To Follow For Pro Football Betting
1. It is best to bet early in the week if you like the favorite for the Sunday game. If you wait until Sunday you will get lower returns.
2. Sunday is the best day to bet if you prefer the underdog for the game. Most people back the favorite on the Sunday which means you will get better odds for the underdog when betting on the Sunday.
3. Early in the week is the best time to bet if you think a game will go over the total.
4. And if you think the game will go under the total then bet on a Sunday, most gamblers prefer to bet the over.
5. Make sure you look at the weather reports for Sunday's games. This becomes more important later in the season.
6. The team that has a good rushing attack will often have an advantage and will be more likely to cover the spread.
7. Interdivisional games are where you should think about playing the home dogs.
8. A solid play is a team that has good statistics for defense, rushing and turnover ratio.
9. Big number parlays will generally hurt you in the longer term, it's better to stick to two team parlay (except, of course, for the example given above).
10. Having a good bankroll management plan for your sports betting money will help you to become a regular winner. Always have a plan for how you will place your bets then look at who you're going to place them on.