Hello Fellow Animal Advocates,
Well, Spring weather is FINALLY here! And thank you all for making the very 1st Valley Vegfest a HUGE hit with 1100 attendees and wonderful feedback! We're off to a great start.
We have a special guest scheduled for our April meeting...Alexis Fox, HSUS MA State Director! So mark your calendar for Thursday, April 17th, 6:00-7:30 @ Cafe Evolution http://cafe-evolution.com/directions/). And join us for dinner at the Café too, 5:00-6:00...their scrumptious vegan food is SUCH a treat (but please keep in mind that the kitchen closes at 6:00)!
AGENDA ITEMS (as of now):
* Past month's news/events
* The Puppy Place campaign
- Protest - Sat., April 12th, 12-2, in front of Raymour & Flanagan!
- Please continue asking around in search of someone willing to speak to WGGB about health or behavioral issues their dog from The Puppy Place had shortly after being bought. Thank you!
* Film Screening – "Meat The Truth", Sat., April 12th, 3:00, Forbes Library!
* The Big E (http://www.thebige.com/fair/) -
- Please write Coca-Cola, the Royal Hanneford Circus sponsor, urging them NOT to sponsor the circus again: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Big E subcommittee's 2nd meeting to be announced soon. All are welcome!
- "Circus Protest" - http://circusprotest.com/- a terrific new non-profit organization with some great new ideas and resources for us (on FB too). The founder is very excited to help us, as she's from Western MA. :)
* Legislation - Alexis Fox (HSUS MA State Director) will propose some new campaign strategies for the Farm Bill (H. 1456), and answer any questions we may have about other current bills.
* http://www.mspca.org/programs/animal-protection-legislation/government-affairs/legislation-relating-to.html (recently filed bills).
* Laboratory animal campaign
If you have any items you'd like to add to the agenda, please send them over or just bring them to the meeting. And, as always, if can help with anything or have suggestions or feedback, I'd love to hear from you. It will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.