This event is in the past.
NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY
National Weed Your Garden Day is observed annually on June 13. This day is set aside for all gardeners to take an extra 5 or 10 minutes while enjoying the therapeutic benefits of weeding their gardens.
One of the best gardening tips is to stay in control of your weeds. They can grow fast, very fast, and can soon become overwhelming. If you stay on top of them, it is much easier to maintain your garden. Weeding 5 or 10 minutes each day will make the job seem bearable. It might even be enjoyable. This way you will be in control, and the weeds will not!!
Helpful tips on reducing weeds in your garden:
- Cover the soil along rows and between plants with mulch.
- Make sure to keep all weeds away from young plants.
- It is okay to plant your plants closely together to leave less room for weed growth.
- Have soil weed-free before planting.
- Make sure you do not let any of the weeds go to seed.
- Keep the edges of your yard mowed low to lessen the invasion of weeds onto your property and into your garden.