1st - 30th November 2011
November 2011 issue of WritingRaw.com is now online
“Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons.
They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing.
All they do is show you've been to college.”
WritingRaw is a monthly literary magazine dedicated to new and emerging writers. Our goal at WritingRaw is simple - to serve the literary community with the opportunity to have their work online and out in the world. In this world of disappearing literary magazines, WritingRaw is providing the blank pages for writers to fill. To view someone's writing, click on the link and a pdf version of the piece will open in your browser.
· Besides the New York Writers Workshop providing a column, we are starting two new ones this month: Self-Publishing: How We're Doing It by Martin Willoughby and Book Awards Column by Mary Greenwood. These columns are sure to provide some valuable information concerning how a writers group formed their own publishing company and a description of many book awards won by Mary Greenwood in her amazing career. We are always up for more… drop me an email and let's talk about starting your own column, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Drop Us A Line: Let us know what you think of the site, or about something you've read, or promote something through a letter to the editor. Next month we would love to start a "Emails to the Editors" section of WritingRaw. In the subject line, write "Letters" and send to email@example.com
· FLASH FICTION REVIEWS: Send us your flash fiction book reviews - no more than 250 words per review. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
· This month's contest winner is Suzanne Little, based on the outdated expression: "The cat's pajamas." December Contest: Write a 500 word or less piece using the following first line: "The candle flickered... then died." The deadline for this will be November 25. The winner will receive a $20 gift certificate from Amazon.com and be posted on WritingRaw.com.
The Staff of WritingRaw.com (Ditch, Weeb, Rib)
New in this issue:
· A Lost Weekend by Derek G Rogers
· The Annoying Office Plant by Kristopher Miller
· Last Chance by Alice Baburek
· Laura by Patrick J Stephens
· Paper Cut by Kristopher Miller
· Providence by Nadine Ducca Deharbe
· Ripping Blues From Your Womb by Stephanie Renae Johnson
· Strikeprice by Andrew McGregor
· Terminal Virginity by Paula Schonauer
· The Boy and Grandfather by Katherine Dalton
· Waiting To Be Called by William J Fedigan
· Almost a Sonnet for the UberModels In Their Underwear by Tonn Pastore
· Bid Me My Love; I Will Hold Thee by Naseeha Mahir
· Boxes On The Shelf by Gina Hickman
· Confuse Me by Pearanotta Ransome
· Cowgirl Dreams by Tandy Belt
· Darkest Before Dawn by Lo-Arna Collins
· If It Wasn't For Your Love by Angela Stevenson Ringo
· Picture, Cap and Gown by Michael Lee Johnson
· Roxy by Jessie Rose
· Spectrums by Shalisa Spence
· The Tree by Niko Sheffield
· Vows by Juliette Beswick Pokletar
· Womb Sunrise by Andy N
· Words by Shelby Thomas
· Artist of the Month: by Brittany Vandegraft [Fae/Lexi]
· I Call Bullshit by Joshua Hess
· The Reading Fee by Frank Joussen
· Joanna Bourne
· Melinda Leigh
· Jack McDevitt
· Robin Perini
· Allbooks Review
· Between the Sheets: The Devil All the Time by Donald Ray Pollock
· Flash Reviews
really BAD Shakespeare Season 3 Begins!
Episode 1 online NOW: Why Then Tonight Let Us Assay Our Plot
NEW EPISODES ON THE 15th OF EVERY MONTH
Spread the word!
Forward this email to anyone or group who you think may be interested in WritingRaw.com.
If you do forward, please put in the “Subject” line that you are forwarding our email so we aren’t contacted to be removed from our email list.
Let the world know that WritingRaw.com is alive and thriving.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop in and discover a new and emerging voice today.
CLICK HERE to Order
Shame: A Novelette by R. E. Heinrich
For the Kindle
Join us on Twitter l Join us on Facebook l Join us on MySpace
To no longer receive these updates, just respond with REMOVE in the regards.
2 attachments — Download all attachments View all images