June 6 issue of WritingRaw.com is now online
The Evolution Continues
NEW Material Every Other Monday – to start your week off right.
Writing Raw is a FREE weekly literary magazine dedicated to new and emerging writers. Our goal at Writing Raw is simple - to serve the literary community with the opportunity to have their work online and out in the world. In this world of disappearing literary magazines, Writing Raw is providing the blank pages for writers to fill. New in this issue:
All in the Mind by Ken Sieben
At Number Twenty Two by Amanda Sington-Williams
Chaoins by Ria Falkner
D-117, Spark-Songs by Daniel J. Pool
It's All About the Numbers by Jamie Littlefield
My Rump Hurts Disorder by Heath Corlew
Rabbit Hole by M. Robert Fisher
Sally's Games by Chris Castle
Sienna Island by Chris Castle
Strays by Murielle Cyr
Destiny Diverted: Chapter 4 by Don Clifford
Panes of Blue: Segment 4 by Jason P. Henry
really BAD Shakespeare Season 2, Episodes 5 and 6
Carl Sandburg, Idols in the Sand, and Galesburg Shacks by Michael Lee Johnson
Down by the Seaside by Peter Yates
God of the Amoebas by Caroline Joanne Merrill
God's School Of Excellence by Una Clarke
Life by Blaze
My Man by Rose E. Grier
No Regrets by Jane Robertson
Paean To His Wife by Christopher Nagle
The Gate of Hell by Kristina Arrambide
We by Blaze
Words by Elaine Rosenberg Miller
A Wolf By The Ears by Mattie Lennon
And All His Songs Were Sad (A Full-length Play) by Mattie Lennon
Death Squad by Christopher Nagle
Silence with the Storm, End: A Life's History by Rattan Mann
Window Onto A Windowless World by Tony Culver
Gary William Murning
Between the Sheets: A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
FLASH REVIEW by Weeb: The School of Night by Louis Bayard
Now, some announcements:
· Good News/Bad News - Well, the good news is that we are back! May was a very busy month for us and now we are back stronger and better than ever. Seems that this thing called LIFE interfered with WritingRaw this month - what with Weeb being in a play (Play On! with the White River Valley Players) and all. But that's all behind him now (until July, when he will be part of the Chandler production of Boys in the Band… we think he's infected with the acting bug. Doctors have been notified.) so now he can devote his time back to his first and true love - WritingRaw…. Now, the BAD news… After much thought and consideration, WritingRaw is going back to every 2 weeks. There is a positive side to this - longer exposure for the pieces on the site. The reason we are doing this has nothing to do with product or material, it just has to do with time. We tried the experiment and realized that it would work out best for everyone if we went back to 2 weeks, but still sticking to those Mondays.
· Full-Length Play - In this issue, WritingRaw is proud to present a full-length play by Mattie Lennon called: And All His Songs Were Sad.
· How to Use the Wall - Let everyone know how you feel about a particular piece on WritingRaw. This is YOUR space to give feedback, recommendations, or just self-promote something that you want to bring further interest too.
· Calling for all artists – If you would like your artwork showcased on WritingRaw.com – please send 5 pictures, along with a short bio (hot links and other information accepted) to Weeb at email@example.com
· Click HERE to visit our NEW WritingRaw Conferences Page: Listing upcoming conferences and workshops from all over the world. If you would like to have your conference or workshop listed, please contact Weeb at firstname.lastname@example.org
· NEW books in the bookstore - Use the Writing Raw Book Store to promote your novel or poetry collection: If you have a novel or collection that you would like to place in our store, we would be more than happy to do so – for FREE. Just send us a copy of the cover of the book (jpeg, bmp, etc. – please don’t send pdf), a brief synopsis, and a link as to where the material can be purchased.
· really BAD Shakespeare starts with repeats this week - starting with Season 1. Two expanded episodes will appear in each issue for 12 weeks... building to the start of Season 3.
- WritingRaw also supports other sites that help writers: www.WritingRaw.com believes in reaching out to other sites, writing groups, forums, and organizations. Contact us on how you can place a FREE banner, announcement or link on our site! Or, perhaps you would like to partner in some way with WritingRaw (column, monthly essay, writing tips, etc.). We are open to ideas…
- Or, use the Writing Raw Book Store to promote your novel or poetry collection: If you have a novel or collection that you would like to place in our store, we would be more than happy to do so – for FREE. Just send us a copy of the cover of the book (jpeg, bmp, etc. – please don’t send pdf), a brief synopsis, and a link as to where the material can be purchased.
- We are also looking for people to write weekly columns, such as – book and publishing news, exercise and tips, or… well, we are always open to suggestions to help make the site one of the most informative and innovative out there. Let us know if you would like to help in this aspect. All columns will have your byline, your bio information (with hot links to your site), and you will retain all copyright.
- The archive has been somewhat purged (after 2 years of material, we needed to clean up some) but, if your material was on WritingRaw.com before the purge and is no longer listed in the archive, we will be more than happy to place it back. Just contact me at email@example.com and let me know.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop in and discover a new and emerging voice today.
CLICK HERE to Order
Shame: A Novelette by R. E. Heinrich
For the Kindle
Join us on Twitter l Join us on Facebook l Join us on MySpace