April 4 issue of WritingRaw.com is now online
The Evolution Continues with WritingRaw.com becoming a Weekly!
NEW Material Every Monday – to start your week off right.
Writing Raw is a FREE weekly literary magazine dedicated to new and emerging writers. Our goal at Writing Raw is simple - to serve the literary community with the opportunity to have their work online and out in the world. In this world of disappearing literary magazines, Writing Raw is providing the blank pages for writers to fill. New in this issue:
9 Flash Fiction Pieces by Eric L. Marsh
Bridesmaid by Hayley Lawson-Smith
Plastic Echinacea by C.G. Morelli
Strangers by Patricia Kinney
The Almost Kept Woman by Mahalia Solages
The Favor by Allison Leigh Flynn
The Game by Ryan Kauffman
The Opposite Maze by Andrew Vastag
The Sentencing of Madrigal Orpic by Tom Sheehan
The Zen of Ironing by Sylvia B. Barber
really BAD Shakespeare - Season 1, Episodes 9 and 10
Toy Soldiers: Chapter 26 by Peter Neville
Beyond The Veil by Una Clarke
Down Here by Kelsey Threatte
Harvest by Juliet Mullett
Lament Of An Aging Whore On Saint Valentine's Day by Rosa Johnson
Life In The Old Town Yet by Peter Yates
Scatter by Robin Jeffery
Schuylkill River Run by Kelsey Threatte
The Meaning Of Life by David Clarke
Truth by Alexander Wardwell
Close Call by Thomas Sullivan
Gaijin Skin: Chapter 1 (Novel Excerpt) by Allen Davies
Marching, Stomping, Sliding by Unique Carper
Silence with the Storm, 5 - A Life's History by Rattan Mann
Missionaries: A Screenplay by George I. Anderson
Between the Sheets: World of Wonders by Robertson Davies
FLASH REVIEW by Weeb: Peyton Place by Grace Metalious
Now, some announcements:
· A First on WritingRaw: We are proud to have our first screenplay on the site - Missionaries: A Screenplay by George I. Anderson
· Click HERE to visit our NEW WritingRaw Conferences Page: Listing upcoming conferences and workshops from all over the world. If you would like to have your conference or workshop listed, please contact Weeb at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Preview of the upcoming novel - Gaijin Skin: Chapter 1 by Allen Davies
· NEW books in the bookstore - Use the Writing Raw Book Store to promote your novel or poetry collection: If you have a novel or collection that you would like to place in our store, we would be more than happy to do so – for FREE. Just send us a copy of the cover of the book (jpeg, bmp, etc. – please don’t send pdf), a brief synopsis, and a link as to where the material can be purchased.
· really BAD Shakespeare starts with repeats this week - starting with Season 1. Two expanded episodes will appear in each issue for 12 weeks... building to the start of Season 3.
- WritingRaw also supports other sites that help writers: www.WritingRaw.com believes in reaching out to other sites, writing groups, forums, and organizations. Contact us on how you can place a FREE banner, announcement or link on our site! Or, perhaps you would like to partner in some way with WritingRaw (column, monthly essay, writing tips, etc.). We are open to ideas…
- Or, use the Writing Raw Book Store to promote your novel or poetry collection: If you have a novel or collection that you would like to place in our store, we would be more than happy to do so – for FREE. Just send us a copy of the cover of the book (jpeg, bmp, etc. – please don’t send pdf), a brief synopsis, and a link as to where the material can be purchased.
- We are also looking for people to write weekly columns, such as – book and publishing news, exercise and tips, or… well, we are always open to suggestions to help make the site one of the most informative and innovative out there. Let us know if you would like to help in this aspect. All columns will have your byline, your bio information (with hot links to your site), and you will retain all copyright.
- The archive has been somewhat purged (after 2 years of material, we needed to clean up some) but, if your material was on WritingRaw.com before the purge and is no longer listed in the archive, we will be more than happy to place it back. Just contact me at email@example.com and let me know.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop in and discover a new and emerging voice today.
Watch the NEW “really BAD Shakespeare” trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAzLQXPKv1g
Join us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/WritingRaw
Join us on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/writingraw
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/weeb.heinrich?ref=profile
Read Shame: A Novelette, by R. E. Heinrich: http://writingraw.com/shame%20Novelette.pdf