This event is in the past.
March 21 issue of WritingRaw.com is now online
The Evolution Continues with WritingRaw.com becoming a Weekly!
NEW Material Every Monday – to start your week off right.
Writing Raw is a FREE weekly literary magazine dedicated to new and emerging writers. Our goal at Writing Raw is simple - to serve the literary community with the opportunity to have their work online and out in the world. In this world of disappearing literary magazines, Writing Raw is providing the blank pages for writers to fill. New in this issue:
Contest by Housten T. Hale IV
I Got You Babe by Ralph Bland
Keeping Time Stephen Black w/ Ronnie See
Letters by Christina Murphy
Seeing Things Rick Maloy
Support Ken Sieben
The Boy and the Peach Trevor Hackley
The Great Planetary Shower by Andrew Vastag
The New Balkan Empire by Tom Sheehan
Vegas I by Jon Cass
really BAD Shakespeare - Season 1, Episodes 7 and 8
Toy Soldiers: Chapter 25 by Peter Neville
Arcades and Freedom by Ron Koppelberger
Condemned to Write by David Clarke
End Of Times by Una Clarke
Good Bye My Angle by Tyler W. Stinson
Like In Ramallah by Elaine Rosenberg Miller
The Spectacled Scrum by David Clarke
Tinnitus On The Shortwave by Andrea Broxton
Untitled by Anna Noneya
What Are You Thinking Now by G David Schwartz
Words For A Dead Daughter by Jorge Salavert
Women by Barbara R. DuBois
Worthy by Ariel Bell
Silence with the Storm, 4: A Life's History by Rattan Mann
The Seduction of a “High" Society by Amita Murray
Between the Sheets: The Manticore by Robertson Davies
FLASH REVIEW by Ditch: The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
Now, some announcements:
· really BAD Shakespeare starts with repeats this week - starting with Season 1. Two expanded episodes will appear in each issue for 12 weeks... building to the start of Season 3.
- WritingRaw also supports other sites that help writers: www.WritingRaw.com believes in reaching out to other sites, writing groups, forums, and organizations. Contact us on how you can place a FREE banner, announcement or link on our site! Or, perhaps you would like to partner in some way with WritingRaw (column, monthly essay, writing tips, etc.). We are open to ideas…
- Or, use the Writing Raw Book Store to promote your novel or poetry collection: If you have a novel or collection that you would like to place in our store, we would be more than happy to do so – for FREE. Just send us a copy of the cover of the book (jpeg, bmp, etc. – please don’t send pdf), a brief synopsis, and a link as to where the material can be purchased.
- We are also looking for people to write weekly columns, such as – book and publishing news, exercise and tips, or… well, we are always open to suggestions to help make the site one of the most informative and innovative out there. Let us know if you would like to help in this aspect. All columns will have your byline, your bio information (with hot links to your site), and you will retain all copyright.
- The archive has been somewhat purged (after 2 years of material, we needed to clean up some) but, if your material was on WritingRaw.com before the purge and is no longer listed in the archive, we will be more than happy to place it back. Just contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop in and discover a new and emerging voice today.
Watch the NEW “really BAD Shakespeare” trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAzLQXPKv1g
Join us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/WritingRaw
Join us on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/writingraw
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/weeb.heinrich?ref=profile
Read Shame: A Novelette, by R. E. Heinrich: http://writingraw.com/shame%20Novelette.pdf
Read Words From Rib, by Rib: http://writingraw.com/files/Words%20from%20Rib.pdf