This event is in the past.
March 7 issue of WritingRaw.com is now online
The Evolution Continues with WritingRaw.com becoming a Weekly!
NEW Material Every Monday – to start your week off right.
Writing Raw is a FREE weekly literary magazine dedicated to new and emerging writers. Our goal at Writing Raw is simple - to serve the literary community with the opportunity to have their work online and out in the world. In this world of disappearing literary magazines, Writing Raw is providing the blank pages for writers to fill. New in this issue:
A Fine Vacation by Dave Frazier
A Grown Man Crying at Dawn by Dylan Houle
Alpha-1 by Andrew Vastag
Altiplano by David Bassano
Dust and Horns by Eli Graves
Milan Carl Liskart, Coalman by Tom Sheehan
Our Bus Driver, Fred by Jack Bristow
They Seem To Know, and it's Alright by Eric L. Marsh
War Pigs of Suburbia by Emma Eden Ramos
really BAD Shakespeare: Season 1, Episodes 3 and 4
Toy Soldiers - 24 by Peter Neville
A Personal Growth by John Grey
Adapt or Die by Edward Rodosek
Dull by Peter Yates
First Violin Chair by Eric L. Marsh
Ms French by John Grey
Port O Punters (Mary's Poem) by Peter Yates
Reason by Ariel Cochran
The Director by John Grey
The Only Genuine Truth by Edward Rodosek
The Prisoner by Edward Rodosek
This Is Why First Sex Should Be Left To the Experts by John Grey
Who Are You by Una Clarke
A Passion for Learning by Gina Iafrate
Road Trip Report: Part 3 by Keith Murphy
Silence with the Storm, 2: A Life's History by Rattan Mann
Writing with Grandma Savvy by Marcella Simmons
Between the Sheets: Fifth Business by Robertson Davies
FLASH REVIEW by Weeb: The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch
Now, some announcements:
· really BAD Shakespeare starts with repeats this week - starting with Season 1. Two expanded episodes will appear in each issue for 12 weeks... building to the start of Season 3.
- WritingRaw also supports other sites that help writers: www.WritingRaw.com believes in reaching out to other sites, writing groups, forums, and organizations. Contact us on how you can place a FREE banner, announcement or link on our site! Or, perhaps you would like to partner in some way with WritingRaw (column, monthly essay, writing tips, etc.). We are open to ideas…
- Or, use the Writing Raw Book Store to promote your novel or poetry collection: If you have a novel or collection that you would like to place in our store, we would be more than happy to do so – for FREE. Just send us a copy of the cover of the book (jpeg, bmp, etc. – please don’t send pdf), a brief synopsis, and a link as to where the material can be purchased.
- We are also looking for people to write weekly columns, such as – book and publishing news, exercise and tips, or… well, we are always open to suggestions to help make the site one of the most informative and innovative out there. Let us know if you would like to help in this aspect. All columns will have your byline, your bio information (with hot links to your site), and you will retain all copyright.
- The archive has been somewhat purged (after 2 years of material, we needed to clean up some) but, if your material was on WritingRaw.com before the purge and is no longer listed in the archive, we will be more than happy to place it back. Just contact me at email@example.com and let me know.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop in and discover a new and emerging voice today.
Watch the NEW “really BAD Shakespeare” trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAzLQXPKv1g
Join us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/WritingRaw
Join us on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/writingraw
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/weeb.heinrich?ref=profile
Read Shame: A Novelette, by R. E. Heinrich: http://writingraw.com/shame%20Novelette.pdf
Read Words From Rib, by Rib: http://writingraw.com/files/Words%20from%20Rib.pdf