This event is in the past.
February 21 issue of WritingRaw.com is now online
The Evolution Continues with WritingRaw.com becoming a Weekly!
NEW Material Every Monday – to start your week off right.
Writing Raw is a FREE weekly literary magazine dedicated to new and emerging writers. Our goal at Writing Raw is simple - to serve the literary community with the opportunity to have their work online and out in the world. In this world of disappearing literary magazines, Writing Raw is providing the blank pages for writers to fill. New in this issue:
Bedtime for Max by Sheryl Douglas
Clone 5-81 by Andrew Vastag
Maligula and Hornwald's Third Day by Ed Coonce
Seattle 1979 by Dion OReilly
The Art of Star Traveling by Ed Coonce
The Gherkin by Rick Wilmot
The Malignant Moor by Tony Culver
The Next Reich: A Novella by Mel Zimmerman
What the F--K Does It Take? by Eric L. Marsh
SEASON FINALE - really BAD Shakespeare: 12 - That Way Madness Lies by Weeb
Toy Soldiers: Chapter 22 by Peter Neville
Bev Says "Write a New Poem" by Nancy Scott
Dive by Brian Fanelli
Duerma Bien by Nancy Scott
Exultation by Sandy Nutter
Fiery But We Know by David Clarke
Geode Shadorma by Kristine Y. Snow
Grief by Gina Hickman
Gypsy by Brian Fanelli
Just Like Rory Gallagher's Guitar by David Clarke
Old Friend by Brian Fanelli
Primavera by Emilia Filocamo
Tears That Fell by Tyler W. Stinson
The First Time by Sandy Nutter
A Bear, an Umbrella, and a Sticky Ex-Girlfriend by Amita Murray
Tea and Tulips by Kristine Y. Snow
Road Trip Report: Part One by Keith Murphy
Some Interesting Stats by A.A. Bell
Anders Roslund and Börge Hellström
NEW: Allbooks Review
Between the Sheets: Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
FLASH REVIEW by Weeb: Shadowheart by Tad Williams
Now, some announcements:
· really BAD Shakespeare starts repeats next week - starting with Season 1. Two episodes will appear in each issue for 12 weeks... building to the start of Season 3.
· Between the Sheets - Super Sad Love Story by Gary Shteyngart, is online now. Our next book will be, actually, three books: The Deptford Trilogy by Robertson Davies. If you would like to send in your own review of this book, please send it to Weeb@writingraw.com.
- WritingRaw also supports other sites that help writers: www.WritingRaw.com believes in reaching out to other sites, writing groups, forums, and organizations. Contact us on how you can place a FREE banner, announcement or link on our site! Or, perhaps you would like to partner in some way with WritingRaw (column, monthly essay, writing tips, etc.). We are open to ideas…
- Or, use the Writing Raw Book Store to promote your novel or poetry collection: If you have a novel or collection that you would like to place in our store, we would be more than happy to do so – for FREE. Just send us a copy of the cover of the book (jpeg, bmp, etc. – please don’t send pdf), a brief synopsis, and a link as to where the material can be purchased.
- We are also looking for people to write weekly columns, such as – book and publishing news, exercise and tips, or… well, we are always open to suggestions to help make the site one of the most informative and innovative out there. Let us know if you would like to help in this aspect. All columns will have your byline, your bio information (with hot links to your site), and you will retain all copyright.
- The archive has been somewhat purged (after 2 years of material, we needed to clean up some) but, if your material was on WritingRaw.com before the purge and is no longer listed in the archive, we will be more than happy to place it back. Just contact me at email@example.com and let me know.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop in and discover a new and emerging voice today.
Watch the NEW “really BAD Shakespeare” trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAzLQXPKv1g
Join us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/WritingRaw
Join us on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/writingraw
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/weeb.heinrich?ref=profile
Read Shame: A Novelette, by R. E. Heinrich: http://writingraw.com/shame%20Novelette.pdf
Read Words From Rib, by Rib: http://writingraw.com/files/Words%20from%20Rib.pdf