February 7 issue of WritingRaw.com is now online
The Evolution Continues with WritingRaw.com becoming a Weekly!
Writing Raw is a FREE weekly literary magazine dedicated to new and emerging writers. Our goal at Writing Raw is simple - to serve the literary community with the opportunity to have their work online and out in the world. In this world of disappearing literary magazines, Writing Raw is providing the blank pages for writers to fill. New in this issue:
After the Rains by Kerry Ashwin
Evie's Story by Lo-Arna Collins
Gaunt Worlds by Ron Koppelberger
He Healed her; "Broken Heart" by Gina Iafrate
Lying With Men by Thomas Kearnes
Meeting Helen by J A Williams
The Coming of Walpurgis Night by Andrew Vastag
The Tilted Axis by Sem Megson
really BAD Shakespeare: 10 - By That Sin Fell the Angels
Toy Soldiers: Chapter 21 by Peter Neville
Dedicated to O. by Diana Ferguson
Farewell by Sue Carroll
His Washed Up Piece of A** by Diana Ferguson
I Can See the Light by Alexei Edwards
My Darkest Hour by Tyler W. Stinson
Of Copper and Sunlight by Steve Brightman
They Took My Sky by Andy Biddulph
Tintagel Revisited Pantoum by Kristine Y. Snow
Vision by Daniel Audet
Wild Woman Prayer by Kristine Y. Snow
Ceviche by J A Williams
Contemplations of Our Nation by Jack Bowser
Four Short Stories in a Morning by Eric L. Marsh
Rome is Burning by Adam Schirling
Alan Dean Foster
Jonathan L. Howard
NEW: Allbooks Review
Between the Sheets: Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
FLASH REVIEW by Weeb: The Emerald Burrito of Oz by John Skipp and Marc Levinthal
And, our exclusive columnist, Alex Wardwell, moves out of his comfort zone in this issue. You have to read it to believe it!
Now, some announcements:
· New Art Director: WritingRaw has a new member to the family. NewB is now our Art Director. His goal is to take our Art page to new and greater heights be showcasing all different styles of art. If you would like to submit artwork to be highlighted on the Art page, please contact NewB at NewB@writingraw.com.
· really BAD Shakespeare is back! After a mid-season hiatus, our exclusive penny dreadful is back in full swing. After Shakespeare's decision to forsake his birthright, what could the outcome possibly be? If you thought unicorns dancing in a field of wild flowers, well… you don't know anything about really BAD Shakespeare! The season is winding down, with only two more episodes to go, to an unimaginable cliff-hanger that will have readers begging for the next season. The End of Days is in full swing… grab your party favors now before it’s too late!
· Between the Sheets - The next book for review will be Super Sad Love Story by Gary Shteyngart, and will appear in the February 14th issue. If you would like to send in your own review of this book, please send it to Weeb@writingraw.com. Our next book will be, actually, three books: The Deptford Trilogy by Robertson Davies.
- WritingRaw also supports other sites that help writers: www.WritingRaw.com believes in reaching out to other sites, writing groups, forums, and organizations. Contact us on how you can place a FREE banner, announcement or link on our site! Or, perhaps you would like to partner in some way with WritingRaw (column, monthly essay, writing tips, etc.). We are open to ideas…
- Or, use the Writing Raw Book Store to promote your novel or poetry collection: If you have a novel or collection that you would like to place in our store, we would be more than happy to do so – for FREE. Just send us a copy of the cover of the book (jpeg, bmp, etc. – please don’t send pdf), a brief synopsis, and a link as to where the material can be purchased.
- We are also looking for people to write weekly columns, such as – book and publishing news, exercise and tips, or… well, we are always open to suggestions to help make the site one of the most informative and innovative out there. Let us know if you would like to help in this aspect. All columns will have your byline, your bio information (with hot links to your site), and you will retain all copyright.
- The Wall now contains one Shout-Out box so you can self-promote your material or whatever you would like others to know about, cartoons, and various fun applications ranging from daily horoscopes to playing with a Magic 8 Ball!
- The archive has been somewhat purged (after 2 years of material, we needed to clean up some) but, if your material was on WritingRaw.com before the purge and is no longer listed in the archive, we will be more than happy to place it back. Just contact me at email@example.com and let me know.
So, what are you waiting for? Stop in and discover a new and emerging voice today.
Watch the NEW “really BAD Shakespeare” trailer on YouTube:
Join us on Twitter:
Join us on MySpace: writingraw
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/weeb.heinrich?ref=profile
Read Shame: A Novelette, by R. E. Heinrich: 20Novelette.pdf
Read Words From Rib, by Rib: http://writingraw.com/files/Words%20from%20Rib.pdf