Welcome to the Thames Valley Scale Model Club. We celebrated our 40th Anniversary in 2016!
We are an enthusiastic group of over 50 people of all ages with a shared passion for making and displaying scale models of Aircraft, Ships, Military Vehicles, Figures and many other subjects, made from plastic model kits, resin, Vac formed or mixed media kits, and some brave members even make completely scratch built models.
We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of every month, at 7.30pm in Liston Hall, Liston Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 1DD
Free evening car parking is available behind Waitrose.
Every month, we show our latest creations, chat to fellow modellers, share new modelling techniques & news about our hobby.
We have friendly competitions every month, divided into classes depending on the type and size of the model, and age of the model builder. The monthly competitions lead to an annual competition in November, with the Trophies & Certificates being awarded at the Christmas Social meeting in December.
In December also we have our annual Christmas Plate Competition - in 2017, the theme is "RED".
Every month, in addition to the competitions tables, we have a modelling Magazine swap table, a display area for models under construction, and regular model kit sales. Tea & coffee is provided.
We attend a number of model shows around the country, and have a display at the International Plastic Modellers “Scale Model world” show, at the Telford international exhibition centre in November. http://ipmsuk.org/ipms-scale-modelworld/
If you would like to know more, please call or email us, but why not just come along and see for yourself. We look forward to welcoming you at our meetings. Please bring along any models that you are working on, or any that you would like to get help or advice on.
First meeting is free. Annual Membership is £20 for age 17 and over, under 17's, free.
Our members travel from all over the Thames Valley, from the counties of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire (Bucks), Middlesex (Middx), Hampshire, Oxfordshire including the towns of Reading, Henley, Slough, Maidenhead, Marlow, High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Chesham, Amersham, Aylesbury, Ascot, Bracknell, Windsor, Heathrow and Uxbridge, with some members travelling much, much further..........
Many of our members are also Members of the International Plastic Modelers Society: ipmsuk.co.uk
The Club was started in 1976 and continues to grow its membership.
We are grateful for the continued support of:
Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions, and Answers!
1. You would be very welcome to attend the TVSMC - please just turn up to one of our Tuesday evening meetings to see if it suits you - it is free to come along to see if you like what we do.
2. We do have a number of modellers who work on 1/35 military vehicles, and some who make Diorama's / figures. Many of us build aircraft, but we welcome new members in different modelling genres.
3. Everyone at TVSMC is keen to see any models you are working on, you can bring along incomplete works/works in progress, to show what you are doing and to get advice. As most of the techniques in construction and painting are transferable between classes, you should be able to ask a variety of people on how to improve.
4. Our competitions run every month, leading up to the annual event (all detailed on the competition classes tab above). Some members bring along a new model every month, others one every few years, so no pressure at all, its all about doing what you enjoy, and sharing a common interest with others.
5. TVSMC exhibit at model shows around the UK, and we do have a display at the International Plastic Modellers Show at Telford every year. Please see http://ipmsuk.co.uk for their competition rules. TVSMC does have members who are IPMS national show class winners, and they are very helpful in supporting newcomers to learn new techniques and suggesting solutions to problems.
We look forward to welcoming new members to our meetings!