Thames Valley Scale Model Club

Which 1/48th kits would you add to your stash?

Email from Eric:
Hi there. My name is Eric and I am slowly running out of kits in my stash. The dilemma is that I can not find a single kit that looks decent and good to build. So my question is, what is the best 1:48 aircraft model wver made. Or at least out of what you have built. 

Kind regards Eric 

Reply from Greg:

Your e-mail has been forwarded to me to reply to from our website as I mainly build in 1/48th. If you could let me know your main area of interest I could perhaps be a bit more specific with advise, but to start you really can't go wrong with anything Tamiya from the Spitfire Mk.1 onwards. The latest kit from both Airfix and Eduard are also very nice and although perhaps quite up with Tamiya many of Hasegawa's 90s and onward kits are very reasonable and worth considering if the subject appeals.

Possibly the only down side with the Japanese kits is price as they are certainly not cheap, but the old adage you get what you pay for is most certainly true with Tamiya. I've recently completed several of there new F-14A Tomcats and the kit is in my opinion the best 1/48th kit ever by a considerable margin.

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards

Greg

Thames Valley Scale Model Club