Please see below the upcoming events and career resource:
Please note that the talk scheduled on Tuesday February 22nd by Leo Johnson has been CANCELLED by the Oxford Hub. We wil let you know if the event is rescheduled on another date. Thank you for your attention.
Desiree and Chris
Please see below the upcoming speaker events and job/internship opportunities.
See below for the upcoming events, scholarships and career consulting opportunities:
See below for upcoming events and opportunities over the next couple of weeks:
Here are the events and project/career opportunities coming up:
- Emerge 2010: 27-28 November at SBS. Sign up if you still haven't done so! It is the biggest event on social entrepreneurship in Michaelmas term and a valuable opportunity to learn more about SE and get in touch with distinguished social entrepreneurs. Come and bring your friends along!
- The EP -- Lift the Floor, Raise the Roof: TODAY at 5.30pm. An exciting Ignite event where you get to share your ideas with people who will help you turn them into reality. Show up even if you don't have an idea, for it is equally useful to think about how your goals, interest areas and expertise may fit with others to create synergy to get great things done.
- Social with Student Hub - the co-sponsors of Emerge 2010: Tuesday 16 November at Jam Factory. Come and get to know people who are as keen as you on Social Entrepreneurship!
- Social Venture Capital Investment Competition (SVCIC) Information Session: TODAY at 12.30pm in the Rhode Trust Lecture Theatre. You may remember Evan from Induction speaking about last year's MBA Venture Capital Investment Competition (VCIC). The Said Business School was the European Champions and came 2nd globally. They participated in a premier MBA competition and got all kinds of access to leading VC's and Entrepreneurs from the US and Europe. Evan and other members from the competition will be giving an information session on VCIC and SVCIC. Find more information at:
http ://www . vcic . unc . edu/
http ://www . svcic . org/
- Fellow Program with Acumen Fund. Acumen Fund is a non-profit global venture fund that uses entrepreneurial approaches to solve the problems of global poverty. The Acumen Fellowship is a one year program that immerses Fellows in world-class leadership training, field work with social enterprises on the front lines, and a community of changemakers and thoughtleaders. Check out this great career opportunity!
- British Waterways Student Project. Social entrepreneur Ben Metz is heading up a fascinating project for the UK government on the British Waterways (turnover £250mil) as part of the Big Society project. They are looking for market mapping for social enterprise development in areas of energy, food production, housing etc. If you have an interest in renewables or agriculture, check out this exciting project!
If you want to share anything with the group please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include your message in our weekly newsletter.
And don't forget to follow us on twitter and facebook!
Social Entrepreneurship OBN Committee
Facebook: http ://www . facebook . com/pages/Social-Entrepreneurship-Oxford-Business-Network/109826205751483