SAFER St. Lucie is a 501c3 non profit with members from across the community representing businesses, non-profit organizations, faith-based entities and local government that collaborate to ensure that St. Lucie can recover from disasters more quickly.
SAFER serves the community throughout the course of the disaster cycle of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery by:
• Establishing common goals, communication and coordination procedures
• Providing outreach and education about coordinated countywide disaster preparedness planning.
• Enhancing communication and collaboration among human services agencies; faith-based organizations; businesses; state, federal, local government; and more to ensure that resources are used wisely and without duplication
• The design and adoption of standardized disaster plans
* Coordination of response services and the transition to long term recovery, including coordination of needs assessment, advocacy, information dissemination and more.