The Horowhenau Astronomical Scoiety would like to invite you to the third annual New Zealand Astrophotography Weekend.
It shall be held at the usual venue - the Foxton Beach Bible Camp in Foxton Beach, Horowhenua.
For more details and booking information please visit our website:
www . horoastronomy . org . nz
If you would like to attend please book as soon as you can. This will help us with the organisation.
Hope to see you there
Horowhenua Astronomical Society
The Horowhenua Astronomical Society is hosting the third New Zealand Astrophotography Weekend. Held in the lower North Island it is an annual event dedicated to astrophotography in a wonderful dark-sky location. It is open to everyone interested in astrophotography - from beginners to advanced. Come along and share your knowledge, tips and experiences
All sorts of astrophotography can be undertaken - solar-system/nightscapes/deep-sky.
The weekend shall consist of:
- Practical astrophotography. There are plenty of safe areas for people to set up their equipment and leave it in situ for the whole weekend.
- Image Processing: There is a huge room with long tables available which is perfect for people to set up computers for this. If you have one then please bring an external monitor to attach to your laptop as this is very useful for other people to observe what you are doing.
- Presentations: There shall be talks on astrophotography related topics held in the large hall (see below).
- Bring-and-buy: Feel free to bring along any equipment that you are no longer using and wish to sell.
- Fish and chips dinner: Saturday night. Please pay when you book.
- Late-night movies: Should the weather not be kind then movies can be shown on the big screen.
Everyone is encouraged to bring along their own telescopes/binoculars/mounts/cameras etc. however basic they might be.
The following people shall be giving presentations or running workshops on a range of astrophotography subjects. More shall be announced shortly:
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND NUMBERS SHALL BE RESTRICTED SO PLEASE BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
Attendance Fee: $23.00
Shared heated Cabins (from twin to 8 per cabin) or Dormitory - $19 per night per person.
We will endeavour to accommodate couples and families in cabins ahead of individuals. As the cabins are limited in number, individuals may be asked to use the dormitory accommodation. However, this will only occur if large numbers attend. If you are an individual, and can pre-arrange to share a cabin with friends, please let us know when you book - any spare cabins will be allocated on a first in, first served basis. Mattresses and pillows are provided but please note that you must bring your own pillow slips and bedding.
This weekend is strictly self catering. A large fully equipped kitchen is available, with crockery, utensils, dishwasher, cleaning products, fridges and freezers as well as full laundry facilities. A huge dining hall is available for eating in.
Groceries can be bought locally from New World in Foxton, or from the dairy in Foxton Beach itself.
Mattresses and pillows are provided but please note that you must bring your own pillow slips and bedding.
The main hall is fully set up for talks. It has a large open fire as well as electric heating.
How to book
By far the easiest way to book is to complete your booking form and pay online
If this proves difficult for you then you can register and pay offline by contacting the HASI Secretary, Tina Hills, at: