PCIT International Listserv Guidelines and User Agreement
Welcome to the PCIT International Certified Therapist Listserv. This resource, available to therapists certified through PCIT International, was created to facilitate meaningful conversation and support among the PCIT community. Please take a moment to review the guidelines and user agreement below before you begin using this resource.
Purpose of the Listserv
Access to the PCIT International Certified Therapist Listserv is provided as a valuable resource for connecting certified PCIT practitioners for the purposes of consultation and information sharing.
As a courtesy to other members, please fill in the subject line when you post a message to the listserv.
Responding to Messages on the Listserv
To respond to a message posted to the listserv, press “Reply” in your email platform and type your response. NOTE: The listserv is set up to respond to all members by default. If you wish to send a message to only one person, please ensure that only their address is listed when sending your response.
Unsubscribe from the Listserv
Visit the following link and enter your email address, pressing the “Send confirmation email” button, to unsubscribe from the PCIT International Certified Therapists Listserv. Return to your email account and click on the personalized unsubscribe link sent to confirm your desire to be removed from the listserv.
1. PCIT International promotes an inclusive environment that respects diversity and welcomes certified PCIT therapists from all backgrounds regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender identification or sexual orientation. Hurtful language toward or about others will result in removal from the listserv.
2. The list may not be used as a forum for illegal purposes, including but not limited to defamation, violation of intellectual property laws, violation of antitrust or unfair competition laws or violation of criminal laws. This includes transmission of manuals and forms created by Dr. Sheila Eyberg, PCIT International, and other copyrighted material created by scholars, researchers, and developers of PCIT.
3. Do not intentionally interfere with or disrupt other listserv members, network services, or network equipment. This includes distribution of unsolicited advertisement or chain letters, propagation of computer viruses, and use of the network to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible via the listserv.
4. The list may not be used for electioneering (e.g., campaigning, solicitation of support), promotion of political actions (e.g., boycotts, letters suggesting legislation), personal fundraising activities, advertising professional services other than PCIT, or for any other personal or monetary profit/gain or other commercial purposes.
The owners, officers, board members, and trainers (Master and Level I) of PCIT International reserve the right to post information regarding training or products relevant to the community. Other listserv members are discouraged from posting messages for which the primary purpose is to advance the business or financial interests of a person or entity other than PCIT International. Examples of prohibited communications include advertisements for products or services, notices regarding rental of office space, direct solicitations of listserv members to purchase products or services, and postings that include links to unapproved sites such as political or commercial sites.
Examples of messages that may be of financial benefit to listserv members but are not prohibited because they do not inure to the financial benefit of the author include news of job listings or position openings, or discussion of professionally-related products or services where the listserv member conveying the information is not in the business of selling the products or services. Announcements that provide useful professional information to list members but may also have some incidental commercial benefit to the sender (e.g. an author who is a listserv member merely advising the list of publication of a professional book) typically would not be "commercial" for purposes of this restriction.
5. Do not post messages containing information that is defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal.
6. Maintain client confidentiality when discussing any clinical issues.
Listserv User Agreement
Your participation in the PCIT International Certified Therapists Listserv represents your consent for your postings to be published to the members of the listserv and to be made available for viewing online via the archive. If you do not agree, please remove yourself from this list. By using the listserv, either to generate or respond to messages, you agree to the following:
I agree that neither PCIT International, its staff, board of directors, membership, nor any contributor can be held liable in any way for any information and/or data made available to, or omitted from information distributed to the subscribers to this mailing list. I am aware that the information distributed may or may not have been checked for accuracy. I agree to hold harmless PCIT International and all contributors against any and all claims arising out of the use of the listserv, regardless of the causes, effects, or fault. I agree that any referrals suggested by listserv members are accepted without explicit or implied endorsement or recommendation from PCIT International. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to PCIT International's attention, PCIT International will take all appropriate action. PCIT International reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the guidelines outlined above.