The Northern Team of the Conference Organising committee have put their heads together and come up with a list of things to do in FNQ:
1. Rafting trip – take on the mighty Tully River for a full day rafting one of the premier white water rivers in FNQ or try the Barron River in Cairns for a ½ day.
2. Hike the trails – lots of options like Davies Creek- full day hikes or half day hikes, Crystal Cascades to Copperlode Dam, Stoneys Creek, the Blue Arrow trail.
3. Mountain Biking trails can be found all around Cairns and the Tablelands.
4. High adrenaline action like Bungy jumping, the Minjin Swing or Sky diving are all available in FNQ.
5. Walk the Esplanade with lots of things to do along the way – swim at the lagoon, enjoy the boardwalk, cafes and restaurants on the side, take the littlies to Muddies playground.
6. Tour the Tablelands - do the coffee tours, swim or walk at Lake Eacham, have a look at Herberton Historical museum.
7. The Kuranda loop – train trip to Kuranda, wander through the Kuranda markets and enjoy the Sky rail trip back to Cairns.
8. Check out Port Douglas – the scenic coastal drive will take you to stunning Port Douglas where a day can pass easily walking the streets, beach and markets.
9. Reef Trip – either visit an island or pull up on the reef. With many options from snorkeling, scuba, underwater boats and more.
10. Mossman Gorge and Daintree have lots on offer to get you up close and personal to the rain forest.
You can always take a stroll through the Cairns Botanical Gardens with pristine gardens and a café to soak up the surrounds.
For more ideas check out: www.cairns.com.au or www.australianexplorer.com.au
Outdoor Educators' Association of Queensland
Powered by GroupSpaces
Create Your Own Group