Last Updated: 9 May 2011
Any capitalized terms not defined herein have the meaning set forth in the GroupSpaces Terms of Service.
1. Who we are
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is GroupSpaces Limited of Suite LP17861, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, United Kingdom. We respect the right that you and members of your Group have to privacy and will only process personal data you or they provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. An important note about children
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child under the age of 13. You must not create or attempt to create any Group that allows or encourages use or registration by any unsupervised child under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not register with any Group or use any of the Services unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
3. The personal data we collect
When you or members of your Group access, use and browse the Services (including when you create a Group or you or your members submit personal data to us through data entry fields on the Services) or when you or your members contact us, we may collect the following information:
- The name of you and your members;
- The age, date of birth and sex of you and your members;
- The postal address of you and your members;
- Phone and e-mail details of you and your members;
- Employment details of you and your members;
- Payment details of you and your members if you or they choose to subscribe to or otherwise access paid-for Services;
- Details of your and your members' visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you and your members access; and
- Any other personal data that you or your members choose to upload to or post on the Services, including blogs, photographs, messages, hobbies and interests and other personal details.
- In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Services for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
4. Financial information we store
Our customer's credit card, debit card and PayPal account information is handled and stored for us securely by our PCI-compliant 3rd-party payment gateway in order for us to process payments for our Chargeable Services.
5. How we may store and use information
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use personal data listed above relating to you and your members for the following purposes:
- To make the Services available to you and to provide you and your members with content which is tailored to your or their individual tastes;
- To complete any purchases you or your members make through the Services and to provide services that you or they request;
- To further develop and improve the Services;
- To maintain and support any customer account that you and your members have with us;
- To include (or to permit the inclusion of) advertising within the Services of our own and third party products, services and promotions that we or they think may interest you and your members;
- Where we have obtained consent from you or your members, to contact you or them (as applicable) with products, services and promotions (including by SMS and e-mail) which we think may interest you or them; and
- Where we have obtained consent from you or your members, to disclose your or their (as applicable) personal data to carefully chosen third parties so that they may contact you or them with products, services and promotions (including by SMS and e-mail) which they think may interest you or them.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our members (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you and your members to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose personal data about you and your members to that third party in connection with the acquisition.
We may also disclose personal data about you and your members where we are required to do so by applicable law, by order of a court, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency. We may also disclose personal data about you and your members in the context of investigating or reporting any issue arising in connection with activity by you or them or content supplied or purporting to be supplied by you or them, to you or them or on your or their behalf that we reasonably believe could be unlawful or otherwise in breach of our terms of service.
6. International transfers
7. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about you and your members' computers, including where available your and your members' IP addresses, operating systems and browser types, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our members' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal data that you and your members provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you or they transfer over the Internet to us.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge;
- The right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you; and
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
Members of any Group you create also have the right to contact us for any of the above purposes in connection with our use of their personal data. If you or they wish to exercise any of the above rights, please e-mail us at the address specified above.
10. Third party sites