This event is in the past.
Supplies at 6:15pm to 6:50pm
Library at 6:15pm to 6:50pm
Please note the following:
- Arches Text Wove is available at $8.00/sheet. Order from Joyce Eng.
- Please pre-order supplies if possible by emailing Joyce Eng (email@example.com), Terry Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Judy Averill (email@example.com). A list of available supplies and prices is posted on the KCG web site.
- Supplies Feature of the Month is parallel pens. They are available in various sizes indicated on our supplies list. This month's Hands On will use sizes 6.0 mm and/or 3.8 mm. We also have Staedtler Duo Markers which can be used in place of the parallel pens.
- Please return all library materials borrowed at last month’s meeting.
Meeting Start: 7:00 pm sharp. Please bring your coffee mug and 25 cents for treats and coffee (it helps buy more coffee, sugar and cream for the meetings).
Hands-on activity: “Button Letters” led by Tanya Swaren.
To participate you will need to bring:
- Practise Paper – plain, lined or graph paper or the whole works if you want
- Ruler & pencil for drawing lines on plain paper
- Parallel Pen (6 mm or 3.8 mm) – if you have one with a dark black ink cartridge and one with a light ink cartridge you can try some ink blending. Pens available from supplies.
- If you don’t have a parallel pen a firm felt Calligraphy pen with a wide nib will work but a Parallel Pen is best.
- Small paint brush
- Water container
- Plastic container lid for a drop or two of liquid water colour
- Pebeo Colourex liquid water colour (only if you have it)
- 3 or 4 light coloured pencils
- A few metallic or white gel pens (only if you have them)
Galleria: Workshop pieces from Kersals, Brush Flowers or Monumental Trajans