This event is in the past.
Supplies at 6:15 pm
Library at 6:30 pm
- The Supplies desk will close for the evening at 6:55 pm.
- Arches Text Wove is available at $8.00/sheet. Order from Joyce Eng
Meeting Start: 7:00 pm. Please bring your coffee mug and 25 cents for treats and coffee (it helps buy more coffee, sugar and cream for the meetings).
Hands-on activity: Eight of our members will present demonstrations or teach a particular calligraphic related skill. During the evening you may choose to participate in as many of these learning experiences as you wish, depending on your own interests! Topics include:
- Transitioning Colour within a letter while using a pen (Glenda Uthe)
- Embossing/Debossing (Jacquie Myers)
- Creating Three Point Flowers (Doris Major)
- Background Techniques (Terry Hamilton)
- Playing with Soft Pastels (Tanya Swaren)
- Copperplate (Margaret Wouters)
- Coloured Pencil Magic (Joyce Davison)
- Transitioning Colour within a Letter using a brush (Glenys Sande)
- coloured pencils
- sketchbook or a few pieces of drawing paper
- 1/2 inch flat brush
- Pointed brush (sized between one and six)
- Small water container
- Plastic lid to mix colours in
- Paper towels
- One or two pieces of watercolour paper (these do not need to be large)
- 2 or 3 watercolours, either tube or dry
- Plastic for the table
- Fine nib black pen
- Parallel pen
- Speedball C3 nib and holder
This is an informal evening with opportunity to try new techniques and visit with other Guild members, and a great time to introduce a friend to our Guild.
Galleria: No galleria this evening