Is this plant for Healing, or for Hippies?

Is this plant for Healing, or for Hippies? 

KRATOM, until recently only reserved for the "head shop" crowd, is now so common that it's found in gas stations.  Fellow baby-boomers are finding relief from aches and pains.  Tingling / numbed feet are regaining sensation.  Nam Vets are dumping their VA meds and taking green powder in smoothies.  PTSD victims are kicking opioids and reclaiming control.  90-proof chuggers are finding peaceful sleep (and clear morning heads) with only 1/4 teaspoon of ground leaf powder.  Amputees are seeking phantom-pain relief.

Seems like there's a movement toward self-improvement here that's worth noting!  Personally, I'd like to have a simple, naturally grown pain solution, should SHTF, so I compiled a whole lot of info into one compendium (see attached:)
Kratom - Gathered Info 0119.pdf   What do you think??!!

www.organicfacts.net states: A member of the coffee family, Mitragyna Speciosa (Kratom) has long been used in the native population in parts of Asia to heal wounds, as a local anesthetic, relieve pain, boost metabolism, increase sexual energy, improve the immune system, prevent diabetes, ease anxiety, eliminate stress, induce healthy sleep and ease opiate withdrawal.

Extracts and leaves have been used to treat coughs, diarrhea, and intestinal infections. Kratom leaf extracts are endowed with free radical scavenging and antimicrobial activity and are a natural source of antioxidants. It may boost energy levels by increased circulation, despite its soothing nature, and a general increase in oxygenated blood to areas of the body that need it. For sufferers of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, kratom leaves are often an alternative, natural solution.

Kratom leaves are widely used as anxiolytic substances for those who suffer from chronic stress, depression,  anxiety, and mood swings by regulating hormones without having to rely on pharmaceuticals and all of the implicit side effects. Alkaloids in the leaves help regulate the amount of insulin and glucose in the blood, effectively preventing the dangerous peaks and troughs that diabetics face. The main active constituents of the plant are believed to be mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitra-gynine (7-HMG), which have shown antiinflammatory and analgesic activity in experimental animals.

BUT!

The FDA States:  The United States' Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states that there is no evidence that kratom is safe or effective for treating any condition. No dosage has been prescribed nor suggested, as it is not intended as a human food or supplement, and is not for distribution in Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Tennessee, Vermont or Wisconsin.

I'm kinda leaning toward thinking, "This belongs in my Preps!"
Read on, and chime in, please!

Thanks!

Russ

Russell S. Spriggs, KI7BIV, C.E.R.T.

No Texts; 208.660.8877; Fax 855.420.6345

Mold & Meth Testing: www.cdaInspectors.com

NRA Pistol Instructor: www.PistolProf.com

Local Events Calendar: http://www.inwPrep.com

Emergency Comms Network: www.HooDooCh3.com

"The standard of success in life isn’t the things. It isn’t the money or the stuff.

It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel." ~ Abraham-Hicks

I have not tried Kratom, but a friend of mine uses it for dealing with her fibromyalgia and lymes. She says that some brands are definitely better than others. I first heard about it from her. CBD oil is also another good option to try for a multitude of issues.

INW Preparedness Training Team