This society aims to dispel myths and stereotypes about African development and campaigns for social justice in African countries. Specifically, it aims to:
• Project the realities of conflicts or issues that occur in or affect Africa
• Campaign for an increase in University commitment to human development in Africa
• Campaign against University links with organisations and companies that hinder human development in African countries
• Build links with student movements in African countries
• Promote African culture at Sussex
• To take action in specific cases of humanitarian crisis in African countries whilst high-lighting the root cause of those problems.