Annual dinner and slideshow
Saturday, 14th November 2020 at 6pm
Location: The wonderful world of Zoom
The social event of the year is of course the Bowline Climbing Club annual dinner and slideshow. We're not going to let that pesky virus stop us Bowliners from having fun, although we will concede that it means we have to do so in virtual world this year. So join us from 6:00pm on Saturday 14th November for a different format of annual dinner and slideshow. Here's how it will work:
NB: Please do register that you are coming so we know how many to expect for organising the Zoom events (we'll send out the Zoom link nearer the time). Please also let us know when you register if you'd like a lot for showing a few pictures.
- Drinks - To be served throughout the evening starting with aperitifs at 6:00pm. There will be a prize for the best presented aperitif. Make sure you've stocked up on your favourite tipple!
- Food - Always an important part of the annual dinner. We're aiming for a 7:30pm sit down for dinner (we're allowing 1 hour for dinner). You can either prepare you're own dinner or get a tasty takeaway delivered. We'll divide you into 'tables' using the Zoom breakout rooms so you'll have a nice group of people to chat with over dinner.
- Dress - The annual dinner is always a chance to showcase your glad rags and this year is no exception. Come dressed to impress, or amuse, the choice is yours. There will be a prize for the most stylish outfit and a prize for the most outrageous!
- Slideshow - There will be a few 10 minute slots available to share your adventures with everyone. We'll do a few slots starting at 6:30pm as pre-dinner entertainment. And then there will be a couple more slots from 8:00pm onwards, followed by time for socialising and partying.
- After party - When the bar closes the party usually continues in the nearest bar/club. We'll be continuing this tradition for those that can stay the distance. Once the slideshow is done we'll use the 'Zoom' breakout rooms to create a space for those that want to chat, those that fancy some games (drinking likely to be involved), and those that fancy a boogie. We may do these things at the same time or one after the other depending on what you party people fancy on the night.
If you'd like to share some pictures and do a little talk about your adventures that would be great. To help us plan the slideshow so please let us know when you book if you'd like do a slot.