Just a quick heads up to let you know that squash is now back on Medway park booking page for next week. Squash will be open from Monday, please adhere to the guidelines set out by England Squash for everybody’s safety, all players are ONLY allowed to play sides unless they are playing with members of their own household or support bubble for those that live alone and require support.
An adapted version of the game for two players from different households. This cross-court version of squash is designed to comply with social distancing measures, with each player remaining in their own half of the court at all times. During the game, only one player should touch the ball and the court door, and players must not touch court walls. All equipment and touch points should be cleaned and players must wash their hands, before and after play – NOTE: please follow standard practice for court care – i.e. walls should not be cleaned with disinfectant to avoid damage to the plaster.
- Only two players permitted
- The aim is to hit a winner or force an error from your opponent as in regular squash
- Only one player serves during the match, the opponent cannot handle the ball
- Both players must keep to their side of the court throughout each rally, using the full length of the court whilst maintaining safe social distancing throughout
- If a player crosses into the opponent’s side of the court, they immediately forfeit the rally
- If there is a danger of players breaching a safe social distance, they must call a let and
replay the rally
- Once a rally is complete, players switch sides of the court (maintaining a safe social distance)and the server restarts play.
Black Lion Committee